Adrien is the new head coach of the Hurricanes. He grew up in Maryland, where he joined his neighborhood swim team. Summer swimming quickly became his favorite part of the year. Some of his fondest memories include cheering for relays, team pancake breakfasts, and fun costume themes for swim meets.
After many years of summer swimming, year-round club swimming, and college swimming, Adrien became a full-time coach. He has coached swimmers of all different ages and levels across the country, and he loves to help people find their passion for swimming everywhere he goes.
The core values that he learned from swimming are:
- Reliability. Be someone that you & your teammates can count on!
- Compassion. Be kind to yourself when things are hard and be there for others!
- Style. If you’re going to do something, make it your own, and do it the very best you can!
The core principles he believes in for improving at swimming are:
- Learn great technique. Feeling what you’re doing is real understanding!
- Start too slow. Don’t be in a rush to go fast, all the time, right away!
- Have fun. Having some fun is the key to consistency, which is the key to progress!
During the school year, Adrien coaches and teaches swim classes at Trinity University in San Antonio. When he’s not at the pool, he’s playing with his Great Dane, Addison, or reading to learn new things.
Hi! I am Rachel Sansano - I swam competitively for 8 years on club teams and also as a collegiate student athlete. My specialties were freestyle and backstroke. I have been teaching swim lessons and coaching children of all ages for 5 years. I love helping kids learn to love the water and this sport!