UPDATE: THE HURRICANES WILL BE COMPETING WITH THE LONE STAR SUMMER SWIM LEAGUE THIS YEAR!
The Hurricanes parent committee and coaches are dependent the on the cooperation from all swimmers, families, and spectators to promote health and safety during the season.
- Participation in swim team is not without risk. We will make reasonable efforts to minimize close contact between individuals. If you are uncomfortable with procedures carried out at practice or meets, feel free to refrain from participating.
- Please limit the number of spectators in the pool area at practices and meets. Those in high-risk populations should stay home.
- Please bring your own chair if you plan to watch practices and/or meets. Place it a safe 6 feet away from other spectators and swimmers
- There will be a 15 minute gap between practices to limit overall interaction. This means when your practice time is over, you'll need to leave the pool area immediately. Also, please don't enter the pool area before your practice time. We want to avoid people leaving at the same time people are entering. This will limit overall interaction and ensure better social distancing. Thank you again!
- Please take your child's temperature each day before practice. If he/she has fever, refrain from coming to the pool. If you haven't taken your child's temperature, the coaches will have access to a thermometer and can take your child's temperature before practice.
- If you and/or your children feel sick or develop a fever, cough or any other symptom of COVID-19 and/or has been exposed to someone that has tested positive for the virus, please stay home.
- Try to use the restroom before practice to minimize use of bathrooms at the pool.
- Coaches will direct swimmers to line up behind each lane, 6 feet apart between workout sets at practice and/or will start 1/2 swimmers at one end of the pool (and the other 1/2 from the other half of the pool) to minimize swimmers from all hanging on the side of the pool, clustered together, at one end.
The implementation of "virtual swim meets" will allow for less person-to-person contact, as only our team will be present/competing in our pool area on meet days.
- We will utilize 3 lanes (every other lane)
- we will decrease the customary 3 timers to 2.
- we will omit distribution of heat ribbons
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
The Hunters Creek Hurricanes Swim Team is a member of the Lone Star Summer Swim League and is open to both residents and non-residents of the Hunters Creek subdivision.
We offer a positive competitive swimming experience for our swimmers by emphasizing both improved swimming skills and good sportsmanship. The season is roughly 8 weeks long (Beginning of May through the end of June), including 4 dual meets and a divisional championship meet. Practices are typically held Monday-Friday (except on the day of a swim meet). Volunteering at meets and team functions is an essential component of swim team participation. Our team is organized by a volunteer parent committee and the team succeeds with the volunteer efforts of our team families.
Best of all, the Hurricanes Swim Team has a long history of building friendships and making great summer memories and we hope you'll join us for another exciting season.
Support our Hurricanes Sponsors!
9311 San Pedro, Suite 850
2020 GOLD MEDAL SPONSOR
13215 NW Military Hwy Suite 102
San Antonio TX 78231
9577 Huebner Road, Suite 3
San Antonio, TX 78240
6475 Enrique M. Barrera Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78227
Hunters Creek Swim & Racquet Club Membership
If you would like to join Hunters Creek Swim & Racquet Club, go to www.hunterscreekclub.clubexpress.com, and look for the member sign-up tab to complete your online membership registration. If you have already paid the "$100 non-member" fee for the 2020 swim season, you can use that towards your 2020 HCSRC membership.
* 2020 REGISTRATION OPEN NOW
First swimmer: $90
Second swimmer: $80
Third swimmer: $70
Fourth swimmer (and more): $60
PLUS Non-member fee: $100/family (if applicable)
NO REFUNDS THIS YEAR
Save $100 on your swim team registration (skip the $100 non-member fee) by joining the Hunters Creek Swim & Racquet Club - year-round key-card access to pool (6:00 am-10:00 pm), tennis courts, tennis lessons/leagues, reduced clubhouse rentals and more. Learn more about club member benefits and register here: