2020 Registration Form (COVID)
Welcome to 2020 Hurricanes Registration!
In light of covid-19, the 2020 season will be unique. For multiple reasons, we will not offer any refunds this season.
The Hurricanes parent committee and coaches are dependent the on the cooperation from all swimmers, families, and spectators to promote health and safety during the season.
- Participation in swim team is not without risk. We will make reasonable efforts to minimize close contact between individuals. If you are uncomfortable with procedures carried out at practice or meets, feel free to refrain from participating.
- Please limit the number of spectators in the pool area at practices and meets. Those in high-risk populations should stay home.
- Please bring your own chair if you plan to watch practices and/or meets. Place it a safe 6 feet away from other spectators and swimmers
- There will be a 15 minute gap between practices to limit overall interaction. This means when your practice time is over, you'll need to leave the pool area immediately. Also, please don't enter the pool area before your practice time. We want to avoid people leaving at the same time people are entering. This will limit overall interaction and ensure better social distancing.
- Please take your child's temperature each day before practice. If he/she has fever, refrain from coming to the pool. If you haven't taken your child's temperature, the coaches will have access to a thermometer and can take your child's temperature before practice.
- If you and/or your children feel sick or develop a fever, cough or any other symptom of COVID-19 and/or has been exposed to someone that has tested positive for the virus, please stay home.
- Try to use the restroom before practice to minimize use of bathrooms at the pool.
- Coaches will direct swimmers to line up behind each lane, 6 feet apart between workout sets at practice and/or will start 1/2 swimmers at one end of the pool (and the other 1/2 from the other half of the pool) to minimize swimmers from all hanging on the side of the pool, clustered together, at one end.
- The implementation of "virtual swim meets" will allow for less person-to-person contact, as only our team will be present/competing in our pool area on meet days.